Delivers and picks up parts and equipment for the dealership.
Essential Duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Picks up and delivers parts and equipment to customers, satellite stores, wholesale accounts, and vendors.
· Checks with the parts manager, wholesale representative, parts counter people, or shipping and receiving clerk before leaving to coordinate any last minute pick-ups or deliveries.
· Verifies that invoice matches purchase order for each pick-up.
· Checks payments received with the invoices for each delivery.
· Keeps an accurate log of daily deliveries and pick-ups. Requests recipient's signature on each delivery entry.
· Unloads truck each night. Turns in all paperwork and undelivered parts.
· Handles basic maintenance of the truck including filling tank with gas, checking oil, keeping it clean, and making sure required inspections are performed.
· Advises parts manager if delivery trucks need major repairs and maintenance.
· Helps maintain the professional appearance of the parts department.
· Helps with stocking and posting orders when they arrive to expedite delivery to shop technicians and wholesale accounts.
· Maintains professional appearance
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Valid Driver's License
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
Northside Ford is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.